School Council Representatives
Congratulations to our newly appointed school council! As we held our elections later on in the academic year, the elected class representatives will stay in their post for the next academic year, 2022-23.
Year 2 - Eabha and Luca NF
Year 3 - Alice and Aron
Year 4 - Hettie and Long
Year 5 - Hana and Rory
Year 6 - Year 6 will be represented by the Head/Deputy boys and girls: Thomas and Nadia, Emmanuel and Kihanna.
- What is the School Council?
- An inclusive, structured, forum for discussion and decision-making.
- A means for children to raise issues and concerns.
- A means to consult all pupils.
Why have a School Council?
- To help children develop responsible attitudes
- To give children hands-on experience of issues in the National Curriculum, including PHSE and Citizenship
- To create a feeling of belonging, encourage listening to others and develop self-confidence
- To improve pupil/teacher relationships
- To consult pupils on matters that effect them.
How does the School Council work?
- The Chair leads the meetings
- Conventional committee procedures are used
- Class representatives bring issues to the School Council
When does the School Council take place?
- At lunchtimes, usually once a month.
How can I raise an issue?
- Tell your class representative- your point will be raised at the next meeting
How do I find out what happened?
- Class representatives will feed back to their class as soon as possible the following week. Infant representatives will speak to Nursery, Reception and Year 1.