Week Half Term (week commencing 16.02.2021)
Half Term Home Learning
Happy half term! There are a few bits and bobs you are welcome to do over half term in the form of RE (Ash Wednesday Lenten Promises) and Art (David Hockney inspired seasons art). Above all please try and keep up with your reading!
Ash Wednesday (the beginning of Lent) falls in the half term holiday. Read through the Powerpoint, have a go at writing a Lenten promise or have a look at some of the art ideas. I have also attached the Word of Wednesday Booklet for you to have a read through with your family.
- Ash Wednesday and Lent PowerPoint in PDF Format.pdf
- Lenten Promise - KS1.pdf
- Ash Wednesday Art Ideas.pdf
- Wednesday Word Half Term booklet.pdf
There is a whole school art project based on the artist, David Hockney. Please see the document below with a few questions to answer, a video to watch then the project culminates in creating your own art inspired by the different seasons.
See some ideas below:
- Choose a landscape and draw/paint it in the four different seasons
- Choose one season/landscape to draw/paint. This could be your favourite season or the season we are currently in.
- You can use a range of mediums – pencils, pens, paint, chalk, crayons, collage.
Please keep up with your reading as much as possible! It is important to work on comprehension (ask questions about the story, inference, predictions etc) as well as word reading (being able to read the words largely using your phonic knowledge and sight vocabulary to read tricky words and high frequency words)
Two free sites to use to find online books:
There is a 30 day free trial for parents at the moment.