Week 5 (week commencing 01.02.2021)
Please note; group Google Meets sessions are standalone sessions and will not necessarily follow the subject that is timetabled during their slot. For example, on Monday at 9.30am, Group 1 will take part in a Google Meets session – the subject of this live session will not necessarily be Phonics. All groups will receive the same lesson, regardless of the time it’s scheduled. I teach the same lesson 4 times as there are 4 groups.
The overview timetable explains the learning objective for each lesson and the accompanying video links.
- Week 5 Phonics Monday 'ay' Phoneme Spotter.pdf
- Week 5 Phonics Tuesday 'ay' Sound FInd and Write Worksheet.pdf
- Week 5 Phonics Wednesday 'ou' Phoneme Spotter.pdf
- Week 5 Phonics Thursday 'ou' Sound Find and Write Worksheet.pdf
- Week 5 Phonics Friday 'ay' and 'ou' Sounds Spelling Sentences Worksheet.pdf
This week is Children’s Mental Health Week. This week’s story is Ruby’s Worry (also called Ruby Finds a Worry) by Tom Percival. Read and listen to the story below. It’s about dealing with worries, and how talking to someone about them, helps them to go away!
Please see the PowerPoint (also available in PDF) for more information and teaching points.
- Week 5 English Ruby's Worry PowerPoint.pptx
- Week 5 English Ruby's Worry PowerPoint in PDF Format.pdf
- Week 5 English Monday Speech Bubble Worksheet.pdf
- Week 5 English Tuesday Worry Worksheet.pdf
- Week 5 English Wednesday Ruby's Worry Jar of Happiness Worksheet.pdf
- Week 5 English Thursday Describe a Setting Worksheet.pdf
FYI the second White Rose Maths Booklet (place value within 50) will be available to collect from 01.02.2021, however we won't be using these until after half term. I would still appreciate you collect them prior to that on the 1st.
- Week 5 Maths Monday .pdf
- Week 5 Maths Tuesday.pdf
- Week 5 Maths Wednesday.pdf
- Week 5 Maths Thursday.pdf
Children are used to doing these at school every week.
It is the Mental Maths Spring 1 Test.
I have included the audio of the questions being asked, the questions written and the test sheet.
- Mental Maths Spring 1 Test Audio.mp3
- Mental Maths Spring 1 Test Questions.pdf
- Mental Maths Spring 1 Test Sheet.pdf
- the Addition and Subtraction Mastery document from last week.
- an Addition and Subtraction Problem Solving Powerpoint from White Rose.
- the above PowerPoint in PDF format.
- Addition and Subtraction Mastery Challenge Document.pdf
- Extension work- Addition and Subtraction Problem Solving Challenge White Rose PowerPoint.pdf
- Extension work- Addition and Subtraction Problem Solving Challenge White Rose PowerPoint.pptx
Watch the virtual assembly for this year’s theme. Available from 10am on Monday. More information here: https://www.childrensmentalhealthweek.org.uk/news/children-s-mental-health-week-assembly-with-bafta-kids-and-oak-national-academy/
Your first activity is to create your version of the art described below.
1. Decorate a piece of paper however you want. This might be a collage of paper, paint with your favourite colours, splatter paint like Pollock Jackson or with colouring pencils and glitter! Whatever you like!
2. When it is dry, stick a photo (or draw yourself) and put it towards the bottom of the page in the centre.
3. Then draw and label all the things you enjoy, love and are good at! Tell me all the things that make you so wonderful! Cut them out and stick them on your masterpiece!
Click the Powerpoint and lesson document below for more information and pictures!
- Week 5 PSHRE and Art PowerPoint.pptx
- Week 5 PSHRE and Art PowerPoint In PDF Format.pdf
- Week 5 PSHRE and Art Lesson Document .pdf
Task 1: colour in your front cover and think about the key words displayed on the cover and what they mean.
Task 2: OLI: to share our experience of a special meal.
Draw a picture of a special meal you have eaten. Add some labels to show what you ate and then write on the lines below why it was a special meal and experience.