Coronavirus Information Links and updates September
We have asked parents to keep their children at home, wherever possible, and for schools to remain open only for those children who absolutely need to attend.
It is important to underline that schools, all childcare settings (including early years settings, childminders and providers of childcare for school-age children), colleges and other educational establishments, remain safe places for children. But the fewer children making the journey to school, and the fewer children in educational settings, the lower the risk that the virus can spread and infect vulnerable individuals in wider society.
Schools, and all childcare providers, are therefore being asked to continue to provide care for a limited number of children - children who are vulnerable, and children whose parents are critical to the COVID-19 response and cannot be safely cared for at home.
While as many schools as possible should try to stay open for eligible pupils, this will not be possible for all settings and the local authority should coordinate pooling of resources so pupils are able to access provision elsewhere.
The following Q&A should be read alongside the:
- Pandemic Support Resources – Mental Health – Diocese of Westminster Education Service
- March 26th Coronavirus scam email alert
- Guidance for schools about temporarily closing - GOV.UK.
- Supporting Families in Our School Communities – Useful Information
- DfE Coronavirus helpline
- Coronavirus Advice from the Hackney Learning Trust
- March 18th Government Update
- Key Workers 2020
- Key Workers 2020 Information for Parents
- What is Coronavirus: Social Story